90 Million Americans are Burdened with Inadequate Health Literacy IOM Report Calls for National Effort to Improve Health Literacy
Nearly half of all American adults – 90 million people – have difficulty understanding and using health information, and there is a higher rate of hospitalization and use of emergency services among patients with limited health literacy, says a new report from the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies.
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- How Across America, Schools Cram for Their Covid-19 Tests
- In Russian Taiga!! Old technology meets New tehnology
- Does My Mask Protect Me Against Covid-19 If Others Don’t Wear One?
- Sherwood Boehlert, a G.O.P Moderate in the House, Dies at 84
- 2021 Lasker Awards Honor Work in mRNA Vaccines, Neuroscience and More