“A deep curiosity about the world”
The ocean may have something to teach us about the pandemic we’re grappling with, according to oceanographer and National Academy of Sciences member Jody Deming. Deming is a member of the Ocean Memory Project — a collaboration of scientists, artists, and others who are exploring how changes over time are encoded into ocean “memories.”
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- With Undersea Robots, an Air Force Navigator Lost Since 1967 Is Found
- Stranded Killer Whale Survives With Help of Good Samaritans
- Anyway I can turn an old phone to a Smart IR blaster controllable by Google Home?
- In South Africa, Poachers Now Traffic in Tiny Succulent Plants
- A Plant That ‘Cannot Die’ Reveals Its Genetic Secrets