I found numerous examples, where people have a primary router. Then you need to give an appropriate IP address to the secondary router and disable DHCP. But what IP address do I have to assign, if I just have that ether-net cable ? I am really not familiar with anything I encounter when researching, so please keep it simple if possible or link me to web pages.
I want to use a Speedlink 5501 as an acces point for WLAN. However, I do not have another router infront, but just a ether-net cable to connect to, which I momentarily use for internet at my Laptop. Is it possible to do that ?
Acces Point Speedlink [closed]
More from Computer & InternetMore posts in Computer & Internet »
- Can only get 1 gbit on 10 gbit supermicro motherboard
- Cisco 2960x Stack IOS version mismatch
- What is making switch CPU so busy that it’s unable to respond with ICMP errors?
- Ping only possible in one direction [closed]
- Mikrotik how to setup 2 networks on 2 different ports with 1st accessing the other but not the other way round