Ava DuVernay’s Origin Devastates Venice
Ava DuVernay’s Origin is both essay film and melodrama, though neither description quite does it justice. The director has taken Isabel Wilkerson’s influential nonfiction best-seller Caste: The Origins of Our Discontents — a sweeping analysis of discrimination that finds the con... More »
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Is it cultural appropriation for a white man to wear a kurta and dance to Indian music on stage with other Indians?
- Asking Congolese – what is normal lateness?
- Are there any business related culture unique to wales?
- I really want to try food from another culture’s restaurant
- No One Will Save You review – almost wordless sci-fi thriller loses the plot