Current Research Not Sufficient to Assess Deterrent Effect of the Death Penalty
Research to date on the effect of capital punishment on homicide rates is not useful in determining whether the death penalty increases, decreases, or has no effect on these rates, says a new report from the National Research Council.
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- COVID’s Cardiac Connection
- Is There More to a Healthy-Heart Diet Than Cholesterol?
- The Benefits of Vaccinating Kids against COVID Far Outweigh the Risks of Myocarditis
- Lost Women of Science Podcast: Season One, The Pathologist in the Basement
- Omicron Prompts Swift Reconsideration of Boosters Among Scientists