DOE Plan to Dilute and Dispose of Surplus Plutonium at New Mexico Site Technically Viable if Security, Execution, Other Challenges Are Addressed, Says New Report
The U.S. Department of Energy’s plan to dilute and dispose of 34 metric tons of surplus plutonium in the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) in New Mexico is technically viable, provided that the plan’s implementation challenges and system vulnerabilities are resolved.
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- F.D.A. Expert Panel Endorses Johnson & Johnson’s Vaccine
- Open Data and IoT – benefits of using open data to convert device coordinates into location information
- Want to Buy a Scrunchie Mask? Great. But Forget About That N95.
- Recluse Spiders at University of Michigan Cause Brief Library Closure
- Global Action Is ‘Very Far’ From What’s Needed to Avert Climate Chaos