Ever since Beyoncé’s self-titled visual album appeared like a Christmas miracle on the iTunes store at midnight on a Thursday in December of 2013, the rules for how to release a record were rewritten literally overnight. Since then, she and Jay-Z have become masters of the form: 2016’s Lemonade arrived ... <a href="http://www.vulture.com/2019/01/does-the-surprise-album-release-still-work.html" title="Click here to read more about Does the Surprise Album Release Still Work?">More »</a><div class="feedflare">
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Does anyone know what culture is Tak and the Power of Juju based upon? South Pacific?
- John Oliver rips into US clean-energy loans: ‘This business model is fundamentally flawed’
- ‘I made it as if this was the end of my life’: Scorsese on Raging Bull at 40
- ‘So, does it hold up?’: Fargo’s stars and co-creator on its 25th anniversary
- Cyberpunk 2077 finally launched on PlayStation 4