iCloud is generally used in Apple gadgets for backing up pictures, videos, and other data and also for receiving and sending mails. It is a secure and convenient way to store data. A number of people do not know that they can access their iCloud email address from any device. Let’s learn how to do so:
The method of checking iCloud mails from Windows
- Firstly, you need to add the iCloud ID to Windows.
- Then, enter settings in the Start menu’s search option.
- After that, as soon the menu gets displayed, press on the Settings: ‘Trusted Microsoft Store application’ option, placed below the Best match title.
- Next, click on Accounts.
- Then, choose the Email and app accounts option, placed below the Accounts header in the menu pane..
- After that, press Add an account option.
- Then Add an account section shall get displayed on the screen, comprising a number of types of accounts. Choose iCloud.
- Next, put the iCloud account details in the given area and press on the log-in option.
- After that, press on a Done option for exiting the Add an account interface.
- Open the Start menu and enter mail.
- Next, as soon the menu gets displayed on the screen, press on the Email: ”Trusted Microsoft Store application” option, you will find it below the Best match title.
- Note that the Windows Mail application shall now get started, with the new ID configured for downloading to both of your iCloud mail and iCloud calendar.
The method of checking iCloud mail from a browser
- Firstly, go to your web browser.
- Then, go to this URL: www.icloud.com
- After that, put the iCloud username and the password. Click on the sign-in arrow.
- Remember that if your ID is turned on for 2FA, then you shall be asked to put the six-digit verification code that would be sent to you on your gadget.
- Next, put the code in the given blanks presented before you.
- You can be asked whether you trust the browser or not. Remember that if you’re using any public computer then, we suggest you choose the Don’t trust option. Whereas if you’re working on your personal computer and don’t want to get irritated by putting the verification code all the time you sign in to iCloud, press on Trust. Are you getting confused about what needs to be done at this moment? Select the Not Now option.
- A dashboard of symbols shall be presented before you. Choose the symbol of mail for sending and receiving iCloud mails, or the Calendar symbol to know about appointments and reminders.
Mathew Anderson is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. He writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.