Last updated on December 23, 2018
I am wondering if the following scenario is possible to setup VRRP using two routers (and forgetting about network redundancy upstream or redundancy on the switch):
- Data center provides 1 single uplink cable to their network.
- Data center provides 4 separate IP allocations to me (all on separate subnets).
- Connect the DC uplink cable to a single switch.
- Connect the WAN ports of both router to the same switch as the DC uplink cable.
- Setup a Virtual IP between the two routers (on the WAN side).
- Have a second switch with both routers LAN ports being connected to this.
- Have a virtual IP for both routers on the LAN side.
- If the above scenario does work, how should I go about protecting the switch from being exposed on the WAN side of the routers (firewall) - as there is a web / ssh management interface - any tips?