If Misused, Synthetic Biology Could Expand the Possibility of Creating New Weapons – DOD Should Continue to Monitor Advances in the Field, New Report Says
Synthetic biology expands the possibilities for creating new weapons — including making existing bacteria and viruses more harmful — while decreasing the time required to engineer such organisms, concludes a new report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- This Fire-Loving Fungus Eats Charcoal, if It Must
- Laszlo Z. Bito, Scientist, Novelist and Philanthropist, Dies at 87
- What is your recommended way of getting into/staying in IOT and embedded systems development without the use of many libraries and such? And how do you not lose motivation?
- How Did the New Variant Get Its Name?
- Booster Rollout for Nursing Homes Is Sluggish