Isabel Allende’s Speech at the National Book Awards Was Hilarious and Emotional
On Wednesday night Isabel Allende became the first Spanish language author to be honored with the lifetime achievement award for distinguished contribution to American letters at the National Book Awards. And an obvious highlight of the night was her acceptance speech, which bounced effortlessly from bawdy, self-deprecating humor to heart-wrenching ... More »
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- What’s This Mulan Song Christina Aguilera Is Singing That’s Not ‘Reflection’?
- Katy Perry on Unwanted-Touching Allegations: ‘I Don’t Want to Add to the Noise’
- ‘Within Fifteen Minutes, It Became Unbearable’
- The Runaways and 9 Other Reads I Can’t Get Out of My Head
- Je Sors Acheter des Cigarettes (I’m going out for cigarettes) by Osman CERFON – Miyu Distribution