‘It’s been a wild ride’: funk legend Sly Stone announces memoir
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) will ‘cover all aspects’ of the musician’s life, including his battles with drug use, and is set for release this September Sly Stone, the indefatigable frontman, songwriter and producer of funk progenitors Sly and the Family Stone, has announced that his memoir, Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin) will be released this October via White Rabbit. Written with Ben Greenman, who has co-written celebrity memoirs for Gene Simmons, Brian Wilson and George Clinton among others, Thank You will also include a foreword from Questlove, whose new publishing imprint AUWA Books, part of Farrar, Straus and Giroux, will release the book in the US. Continue reading...
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Italians are more similar to black brown and asian than to other white people (europeans and european descent).
- Vietnam’s magical Mid-autumn Festival – Starts September 29! (Today)
- One of last living witnesses and ex-gang leader indicted in Tupac Shakur ******
- Of Mice and Men first-draft fragment torn up by Steinbeck’s dog goes to auction
- ‘It felt like the beginning of the third world war … It still does’ – Mstyslav Chernov on 20 Days in Mariupol