NASA Should Lead a Large Direct Imaging Mission to Study Earth-Like Exoplanets, Says New Report
To answer significant questions about planetary systems, such as whether our solar system is a rare phenomenon or if life exists on planets other than Earth, NASA should lead a large direct imaging mission – an advanced space telescope – capable of studying Earth-like exoplanets orbiting stars similar to the sun, says a new congressionally mandated report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- SpaceX Inspiration4 Live Updates: Watch the Crew Return to Earth
- When Will the SpaceX Inspiration4 Crew Splashdown?
- Why Goats Became the Unconventional Weapon Against Wildfires
- Immigrants in U.S. Detention Exposed to Hazardous Disinfectants Every Day
- SpaceX’s Starship Could Rocket-Boost Research in Space