‘Of course it’s disturbing’: will AI change Hollywood forever?
With the rise of AI-led services to write, voice and provide effects, industry experts express concern over the future What will AI (artificial intelligence) do to Hollywood? Who better to answer that question than ChatGPT, a thrilling but scary chatbot developed by OpenAI. When the Guardian asked it about AI’s potential impact on the film industry, it made the following points: Scriptwriting: AI can be used to analyze existing screenplays and create new ones, potentially leading to more efficient and cost-effective screenwriting. Pre-production: AI can be used to streamline the pre-production process, including casting, location scouting and storyboarding. Special effects: AI can be used to create more realistic and immersive special effects, potentially reducing the need for practical effects and saving time and money in post-production. Audience analysis: AI can be used to analyze audience data and preferences, helping studios make more informed decisions about which films to greenlight and how to market them. Distribution: AI can be used to personalize movie recommendations for viewers and optimize distribution strategies, potentially leading to higher ticket sales and revenue. Continue reading...
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Italians are more similar to black brown and asian than to other white people (europeans and european descent).
- Vietnam’s magical Mid-autumn Festival – Starts September 29! (Today)
- One of last living witnesses and ex-gang leader indicted in Tupac Shakur ******
- Of Mice and Men first-draft fragment torn up by Steinbeck’s dog goes to auction
- ‘It felt like the beginning of the third world war … It still does’ – Mstyslav Chernov on 20 Days in Mariupol