Post your questions for singing legend Darlene Love
As well as having her own timeless hits, Love has sung with everyone from Frank Sinatra to Cher – and she will answer your questions on anything in her starry career Hers is one of the most powerful voices in popular music: so warming in its deep register and so head-spinningly euphoric in its higher notes. At the age of 81, Darlene Love is still socking it to audiences – and she joins us this week to answer your questions. Grounded first in gospel choirs then doo-wop groups, her group the Blossoms caught the ear of producer Phil Spector in the early 1960s. He drafted Love in to sing the lead on the infectiously strutting He’s a Rebel, which was credited to another group, the Crystals, on its release. Love perfectly evoked the infatuation and insubordination in this tale of loving a no-good guy, and took it to the top of the US charts. Continue reading...
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Italians are more similar to black brown and asian than to other white people (europeans and european descent).
- Vietnam’s magical Mid-autumn Festival – Starts September 29! (Today)
- One of last living witnesses and ex-gang leader indicted in Tupac Shakur ******
- Of Mice and Men first-draft fragment torn up by Steinbeck’s dog goes to auction
- ‘It felt like the beginning of the third world war … It still does’ – Mstyslav Chernov on 20 Days in Mariupol