What are the most effective teaching strategies in the classroom?
I will use semi-structured interview approach as the tool for data collection. Data generated through the interviews will be analyzed in various ways to generate findings. The interview will also provide the opportunity to generate rich, reliable and comparative data for the study.
First question: What different styles of teaching do you use in your classroom?
1. In the first session, I will interview four teachers from five schools. Each will have 20 to 30 minutes to answer the research question. The teachers will be allowed more freedom to express they views in their terms.
2. I will conduct interviews with one school administrator from each school: I will spend 20 minutes during this interview with the administrators. I will ask them regarding the types of teaching strategies often used in their schools.
3. I will conduct student surveys to assess the teaching strategies used in their classrooms.
The survey will aim at eliciting responses from students without researcher interference. The survey will be used to determine the types of teaching strategies that teachers use. Students will answer other questions in order to identify if they understand teaching strategies.
Second question: What is the most preferred style of teaching and why?
1. The second question will be asked to the same participants. Each will have 20 to 30 minutes to answer the research question. Teachers will be asked regarding their most preferred style of teaching and why they prefer the particular style of teaching.
2. I will conduct interviews with five school administration: I will spend 20 minutes during this interview with the administrators. I will ask them regarding the most preferred style of teaching in their institution and why they consider it to be better.
3. A survey will be conducted among students in the five schools to determine what style of teaching they prefer and the reason as to why they consider them to be better. Students will have more time to answer questions in order to ensure adequate response.
Third question: What are the challenges experienced when using a different style of teaching?
1. The four teachers will discuss the challenges that they face when using different styles of teaching. Each will have 20 to 30 minutes to answer the question.
2. The five school administration will answer the question as to what challenges they experience when using different teaching styles.
Fourth question: How does classroom diversity influence your teaching style?
1. The four participants will discuss how classroom diversity influences their style of teaching. Each will have 20 to 30 minutes to answer the question.
2. The five school administration will answer the question as to what factors of diversity are important in determining teaching styles.
3. A survey will be conducted among students in the five schools to determine what types of diversities are present in their classrooms. Students will be asked to answer whether teaching styles are considerate of these diversities. They will also be asked to point out which style of teaching address different dimensions of class diversity.
When conducting the interview, paper-based interview guide will be used for the major part of the activity. With this type of data collection tool, it will be possible to capture as much relevant data as possible due to the in-depth responses gathered from the interviewees. A tape recorder will be used to tape-record interviews and later transcript them for analysis. Then, answers will be grouped thematically.
Sherry Roberts is the author of this paper. A senior editor at MeldaResearch.Com in online nursing papers if you need a similar paper you can place your order from medical essay writing service online.