Samuel L Jackson criticises Oscars for sidelining Poitier and losing mystique
The actor, who received an honorary Oscar this year, spoke out against the producers’ handling of the in memoriam section, as well as the choice of presenters Samuel L Jackson has criticised this year’s Oscars ceremony for its handling of the death of pioneering actor Sidney Poitier, as well as their attempts to reach a wider demographic by expanding the pool of presenters. Speaking to the Los Angeles Times, Jackson said he was “still a little ticked that the greatest actor we had in Hollywood died and they gave him, what, 10 fucking seconds. No. It should have been a whole Sidney Poitier section.” Continue reading...
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Stranger Things Midseason-Premiere Recap: Father-Daughter Dance
- Cristela Alonzo Needed a Decade to Process Greg Giraldo’s Advice
- Glenn Frey Would Not Approve of This Nonsense
- An Immaculate Collection of Details About Madonna’s Self-Written Biopic
- Randall Emmett, Producer and Vanderpump Rules Ex, Faces Abuse, Fraud Allegations