Statement by NAS, NAE, and NAM Presidents on Report of Banned Words at CDC
We are concerned deeply by a report that staff at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were instructed not to use certain words in budget documents. As leaders of the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine, we are especially stunned that “evidence-based” and “science-based” are reportedly among the barred terms.
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- How Across America, Schools Cram for Their Covid-19 Tests
- In Russian Taiga!! Old technology meets New tehnology
- Does My Mask Protect Me Against Covid-19 If Others Don’t Wear One?
- Sherwood Boehlert, a G.O.P Moderate in the House, Dies at 84
- 2021 Lasker Awards Honor Work in mRNA Vaccines, Neuroscience and More