The 20 best films about doomed love – ranked!
As Past Lives, a tale of lost love and roads not taken, hits cinemas, get out the tissues as we recall some of cinema’s most heart-wrenching, tortuous romances A bungled billet-doux, unjust accusations and the second world war drive a wedge between Cecilia (Keira Knightley) and Robbie (James McAvoy). To be honest, it probably wouldn’t have worked out anyway, but Cecilia’s kid sister (Saoirse Ronan) tries to make amends for having naively destroyed their romance in this adaptation of Ian McEwan’s tricksy novel. Continue reading...
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Italians are more similar to black brown and asian than to other white people (europeans and european descent).
- Vietnam’s magical Mid-autumn Festival – Starts September 29! (Today)
- One of last living witnesses and ex-gang leader indicted in Tupac Shakur ******
- Of Mice and Men first-draft fragment torn up by Steinbeck’s dog goes to auction
- ‘It felt like the beginning of the third world war … It still does’ – Mstyslav Chernov on 20 Days in Mariupol