The Cure: Robert Smith tells fans he is ‘sickened’ by Ticketmaster fees as US tour goes on sale
The frontman said that artists had no way to limit the ticketing giant’s fees but his band had declined to participate in the ‘greedy scam’ of dynamic pricing Robert Smith of the Cure has told fans he is “as sickened as you all are” after fans complained of Ticketmaster’s additional fees on sales of tickets for the band’s US tour. The band purposefully kept ticket costs affordable, with some as low as $20 (£16). But fans shared screenshots of Ticketmaster shopping baskets with varying fees across different venues: one image showed combined fees that exceeded the cost of a $20 ticket – each subject to a service fee of $11.65 and a facility charge of $10, plus an overall order processing fee of $5.50. Continue reading...
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Italians are more similar to black brown and asian than to other white people (europeans and european descent).
- Vietnam’s magical Mid-autumn Festival – Starts September 29! (Today)
- One of last living witnesses and ex-gang leader indicted in Tupac Shakur ******
- Of Mice and Men first-draft fragment torn up by Steinbeck’s dog goes to auction
- ‘It felt like the beginning of the third world war … It still does’ – Mstyslav Chernov on 20 Days in Mariupol