The oldest known astrolabe was used on one of Vasco da Gama’s ships
A navigational device for taking altitudes at sea was found in a Portuguese shipwreck in the Arabian Sea and dates back to 1496.
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- Looking for advice on how to test IoT device security protocols for dissertation
- Mobile and IoT Security Strategies in the Cloud
- Who Needs a COVID Booster Shot? Experts Answer Common Questions
- How to securely handle Data on Raspberry Pi-based device
- Gut Bacteria Change as You Get Older–and May Accelerate Aging