This Korean Comedy Understands the Pleasures of Never Leaving the House
Like many of Hong Sang-soo’s main characters, the protagonist of Walk Up is a filmmaker himself. Byung-soo (Kwon Hae-hyo) is, like Hong, a respected maker of realistic, enjoyable comedies as well as the recent recipient of a major prize. He’s not much of a father, though. When he first r... More »
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- Italians are more similar to black brown and asian than to other white people (europeans and european descent).
- Vietnam’s magical Mid-autumn Festival – Starts September 29! (Today)
- One of last living witnesses and ex-gang leader indicted in Tupac Shakur ******
- Of Mice and Men first-draft fragment torn up by Steinbeck’s dog goes to auction
- ‘It felt like the beginning of the third world war … It still does’ – Mstyslav Chernov on 20 Days in Mariupol