‘Those people are the unsung heroes’: the women who tried to unmask the Boston Strangler
A new film starring Keira Knightley sheds light on the forgotten journalists who led the search to bring down a serial killer It is a scene familiar from many a newspaper film including All the President’s Men. Reporter is on to a big story; hardbitten editor is sceptical; reporter must use graft and guile to win editor over. The collision plays out again in the new movie Boston Strangler. The editor is played by a suitably tough and hard-to-impress Chris Cooper. The reporter is played by British actor Keira Knightley, armed with a piercing question: “How many women have to die before it’s a story?” Continue reading...
More from Culture & HumanitiesMore posts in Culture & Humanities »
- American Horror Story: Delicate review – Kim Kardashian is scarily not bad
- ‘There are dozens of Russell Brands’: female comedians say abuse is rife
- ‘I wanted answers’: the amazing TV homage to Tupac – by the man who got him locked up
- Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty review: excellent expansion enhances an overhauled game
- Is The Creator the best science fiction movie of 2023 – or is AI controlling the hype?