U.S. Government Should Help Close Gaps In Research on Policing
Police officers are perhaps the most visible faces of the law, and one of the few groups authorized to use force when dealing with the public. But despite the pivotal role that officers play in preventing and controlling crime, and in promoting justice, the science base is often inadequate regarding the value, fairness, and legitimacy of police practices and policies.
More from Science & TechnologyMore posts in Science & Technology »
- This Fire-Loving Fungus Eats Charcoal, if It Must
- Laszlo Z. Bito, Scientist, Novelist and Philanthropist, Dies at 87
- What is your recommended way of getting into/staying in IOT and embedded systems development without the use of many libraries and such? And how do you not lose motivation?
- How Did the New Variant Get Its Name?
- Booster Rollout for Nursing Homes Is Sluggish