The Penn State alum was one of three black players taken in the 1949 NFL Draft. He started nine career games over four seasons split between the Lions and Cardinals.
Wally Triplett, one of the first African-Americans drafted in NFL, dies at 92
More from Sports & RecreationMore posts in Sports & Recreation »
- Manningcast guest list: Here’s who will join Peyton, Eli Manning for Rams vs. Cardinals playoff game
- FIFA The Best 2022 awards results: Live updates and voting rankings for all winners, plus Puskas top goal
- Cowboys radio announcers rip fans for throwing debris at refs after loss to 49ers: ‘Stay classy, Dallas’
- Donna Kelce overcomes travel delays to attend sons Travis, Jason’s playoff games on same day
- Stephen A. Smith has predictably lame response after Cowboys’ playoff loss to 49ers