I guess VXLAN VNI is working on same principle like MPLS VPN Label i.e. helping egress PE to determine which VRF/VPN to consult before forwarding packet to CE or end-host. Isn't the VXLAN VNI is sufficient to help the LEAF to determine which VRF to look for and then do destination lookup. Thanks !
In case of EVPN Type 5 or IP Prefix routes advertisement why chassis MAC address or router MAC address is used in addition to VXLAN VNI?
Why Chassis MAC Address is used when advertising EVPN Type 5 routes
More from Computer & InternetMore posts in Computer & Internet »
- How bad is doing a back-to-back connection to do VLAN mapping (vlan-stacking limitation)?
- Why does adding to ‘domain’ without .local work? [closed]
- Creating my own Wi-Fi for my network
- How does a PIM router know which neighbour is the upstream router?
- Why router treats receive-adjacency packets differently than transit IP packets? [closed]